Board Nomination Information
Board Member Nominations are closed at this time.
When a board member position is vacated, the board receives self-nominations through the website, along with a notarized statement that verifies professional experience.
The requirements to become a board member are as follows:
- Be a resident of the State of Louisiana.
- Hold a valid Louisiana license in the area of service (Audiology or Speech-Language Pathology).
- Have been engaged in providing service, or in teaching, or in research in Audiology or Speech-Language Pathology for at least five years prior to appointment.
- No member of the board shall be an officer or hold any leadership position in a state Speech-Language Pathology or Audiology professional association for the term of the member's appointment to the board. "Leadership position" shall include but not be limited to an elected or appointed position as a member of the state executive board, service on an ethics committee or membership committee, or other similar positions of the state professional association.
General Information about LBESPA:
- There are typically six regular meetings per year, but additional special meetings may be called as needed. Travel expenses are paid, but there is no reimbursement of time. Term of office is for three years.
- A list of all qualified nominees will be submitted to the Governor by LBESPA. The Governor will appoint the board member(s). Terms begin upon appointment by the Governor and are subject to Senate confirmation.
- The Board sends an email blast to all licensees to indicate when board member nominations are open. Additionally, a postcard is mailed to each licensee.