Board Nominations - Open
LBESPA is calling for nominations for three (3) members to the Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology.
The positions available are for three-year terms and include:
1. Two practicing Audiologists. The first position will be open beginning January 12, 2021. The second position will be open beginning February 23, 2021.
2. One practicing Speech-Language Pathologist. This position will be open beginning February 3, 2021.
REQUIREMENTS FOR BOARD MEMBER POSITIONS:
- Be a resident of the State of Louisiana;
- Hold a valid Louisiana license in the area of service (Audiology or Speech-Language Pathology);
- Have been engaged in providing service, or in teaching, or in research in Audiology or Speech-Language Pathology for at least five years prior to appointment; and
- No member of the board shall be an officer or hold any leadership position in a state Speech-Language Pathology or Audiology professional association for the term of the member's appointment to the board. "Leadership position" shall include but not be limited to an elected or appointed position as a member of the state executive board, service on an ethics committee or membership committee, or other similar positions of the state professional association.
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT LBESPA:
- There are typically six regular meetings per year, but additional special meetings may be called as needed. Travel expenses are paid, but there is no reimbursement for time. Term of office is for three years.
- A list of all qualified nominees will be submitted to the Governor by LBESPA. The Governor will appoint the board member. Term begins upon appointment by the Governor and are subject to Senate confirmation.
- If you meet eligibility requirements and wish to be a nominee, please complete the nomination form below and include all information requested so your application can be properly processed. You must also mail a notarized statement listing and verifying professional experience.
NOMINATIONS AND NOTARIZED STATEMENTS MUST BE RECEIVED BY LBESPA BY CLOSE OF BUSINESS ON SEPTEMBER 25, 2020 AND NOTARIZED STATEMENTS MAILED TO:
Louisiana Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
Attn: Jolie Jones, Executive Director
37283 Swamp Road, Suite 3B
Prairieville, LA 70769
To apply for a board member position, please fill out the Board Member Nomination application here.
If you have any questions, you may email Jolie Jones, Executive Director, at email@example.com.